Our back yard neighbors have older kids, and trampolines. Not my favorite child's toy/instrument of death, but Reina loves it. Every day she begs to bounce and is fine if supervised and by herself on the thing. Other outdoor activity favorites include blowing bubbles, playing "soccer ball" and talking walks or riding her bike. Even getting the mail is an adventure to her. She also adores flowers, more specifically, squishing them.
More often than not, Liam is asleep during our outward bound-ness, but accompanies us in the baby bijorn when we head further afield. As for him, he's happy if he's not too hot and his pants aren't too wet. At nearly 7 weeks old now, he is starting to be more interactive, smiling and cooing at us. He watches his sister and is intrigued by his jungle gym playmat friends (I have photos of these things to try to post later!). He has slept up to 6 hours in a stretch at night but has been trending closer to feedings every 3 hours again this week. I've tried to increase the volume in his bottles to extend the time between but have only ended up wearing more spit up thus far. Found some in my hair yesterday...wish I could say it was the first time! Glamours of motherhood.
Other things we've been up to: Liam's 2nd Reds game, a beautiful evening but I think the team lost; starting to organize our move in early June, have I mentioned I never want to move again? We haven't even done the back breaking part yet but we are so excited about the new/old house!
Bill's return to the ICU this month plus his travel to New Orleans for a conference (where he is presenting!) will certainly put a heavy load of the moving hassles on me, but it's ok, I'm angling for HUGE Mother's Day acknowledgement this year! Just kidding...but the new washer/dryer does not count, FYI. :)
1 comment:
Not sure when you put the bathtub picture up, but it melts my heart. Too cute!
Post a Comment